At Nuvo Homes, we love our designer and custom kitchens. Here’s one of our favourite winter warmer recipes to try in your own kitchen!
- 1 x 400 ml can of light coconut cream
- 30 grams of curry powder
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of fresh minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon of fresh garlic
- 1 lemon (for zest and juice)
- 1 stalk of lemongrass
- ¼ cup of unsalted cashews
- 2 large mushrooms (diced)
- 4 small potatoes (cut in quarters)
- 800 grams of chicken (diced)
- Brown rice
- Whisk ½ cup of water, coconut cream, curry powder, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and lemon zest in a medium sized slow cooker. Smash the lemongrass and add to the pot along with the cashews, mushrooms, potatoes, then topped with the chicken. Stir through lightly to submerge all ingredients.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Uncover the slow cooker and remove the lemongrass stalk. Add lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
- Additionally, cook the rice to the directions on the packet.
- Serve the curry with the rice, adding the Coriander on top as a garnish.